If you are a business owner seeking to hire millennial talent, you are in luck. Executive recruiters in South Florida, like Sloane Staffing, often use the following tips to recruit millennials.
1. Be clear when creating your job listings. The clearer your job descriptions are, and the more upfront you are with potential candidates, the better your responses will be.
2. Be aware of what millennials think of you. Millennials eat, sleep, and breathe social media and WILL be checking in on your accounts prior to or during their interview process. Make sure your reviews on sites like Indeed and Glassdoor are positive.
3. Create a mobile-friendly site. Millennials are an internet-raised generation. They will be doing their research on you (mentioned in #2) on their phones and tablets. Make sure you’ve advertised your company and its culture in a good light.
4. Emphasize company culture. Speaking of company culture, it is important to “brag” about your company and its benefits these days. Millennials expect offices like Google (think sleeping pods, gyms and workout classes, cafeterias, etc.) If you want to hire the best of the best, be sure to do your best to provide those amenities to your employees if possible, and make it known during the hiring process that you offer those things.
5. Don’t wait until people start job hunting. Reach out to a recruitment agency, such as Sloane Staffing, to get a jump on the recruitment game. They have the ears of candidates who may be looking for a new role, but have done nothing about it yet – giving you the advantage over other employers.
Millennials are more likely to respond to these newer and non-conventional recruiting methods. Contact Sloane Staffing today with any questions you may have! 561.512.8989.