Whether it’s a weekly, bi-weekly, stand-up, or Monday morning team meeting, gatherings of employees are an essential component of any work environment. Unfortunately, some meetings often drag on longer than they should, or don’t communicate effectively, and both are a waste of everyone’s time and company money. It’s important to have these meetings to promote team collaboration, provide information, and allow for feedback or discussion. To ensure you are running a successful meeting, check out our seven tips below.
1) Make a connection with everyone in the room, this will get their minds brainstorming and will help keep everyone on the same page.
2) Have a goal in mind. Spend some time planning the meeting agenda.
3) Stick to the agenda! This is crucial. Assign a timekeeper if needed to help you stay on track.
4) Link the agenda with your mission. Every meeting should have a mission related the discussion to keep team members aware of what they are doing and what they have to do for the growth of the company.
5) Encourage participation. Ensure everybody is included. Give others the opportunity to lead the conversation. Or, ask a question and go around the room one at a time for answers so everyone can participate.
6) Take note/write down actionable items. Be sure to recap the meeting so you can follow up afterwards. At the end of each meeting, the managers can also ask certain questions like,
· “What are the tasks to be done in the next week?”
· “What new strategies did you learn from this meeting.”
7) Have some fun! Play a funny video clip or add in a game to keep employees engaged.
Do you have any other tips or fun ways you engage your employees during your team meetings? We would love to hear from you! Sloane Staffing, Employing South Florida – 561.512.8989