Are you one of the many companies that employ South Florida who are wondering how you can reward and recognize your employees? It’s so important to make time to praise employees for a job well done. According to Dr. Bob Nelson, 58 percent of workers say that they seldom if ever receive a "thank you" from their boss. Recognition means acknowledging someone before their peers for specific accomplishments achieved, actions taken or attitudes exemplified through their behavior. Recognizing and rewarding your employees effectively is crucial for retaining top talent and keeping your employees happy. Here are our top 15 ways to reward and recognize your team.
1) Host one-on-one lunches
2) Write hand written thank you notes
3) Recognize birthdays
4) Gift out gas or coffee gift cards
5) Give them an extra day off (with pay)
6) Bring breakfast for the office
7) Set up a reserved parking space near the office front door
8) Bring in a masseuse to offer free massages
9) Reward with company-paid iPhones or iPads
10) Flexible Hours
11) Let your employee be the CEO for the day
12) Host an after-work get together, like a happy hour, on your tab
13) Serve lunch to your team
14) Set up a “brag board” in the office, where you can show off employee of the month or quarter
15) Host a “bring your dog to work day” – our personal favorite!
Rewards are a powerful tool used for employee engagement. It’s a proven fact that employees are happier and perform better when they are rewarded. If you employ South Florida, it’s important to invest in your employees – it will pay off in the long run! Reach out to someone on the Sloane Staffing team today if you have any questions, or would like to add how you reward your employees to our list!