What is the core purpose of this role:
To deliver impactful and insightful digital analysis and customer behavior intelligence across all digital channels, including digital marketing channels, the website, mobile site, and mobile app. This candidate will use their natural curiosity and a desire to discover the answers to key questions via online customer data analytics to help drive strategic business and technology outcomes.
Job Description (day to day responsibilities):
· Develop and implement process and data standards for accurate tracking and reporting
· Encourage and enable digital stakeholders and end-users to incorporate data and metrics in the justification of and measurement of business and development initiatives
· Coordinate with the broader CRM/Consumer Insights team to present consistent and clear view of the customer, enabling business leaders to make appropriate strategic decisions both within and beyond the web
· Perform analysis, trending and reporting of key performance indicators to answer business questions.
· Create and maintain relevant dashboards for internal stakeholders, and respond to ad hoc requests for web analytics data and reports
· Collaborate with digital marketing and user experience teams to analyze multiple data sets and provide actionable insights and recommendations to improve marketing and website performance.
· Encourage and coach end-users on the various analytics tools and platforms in effort to democratize the data
· Effectively present web analytics insights to department managers and business owners.
· Stay apprised of industry trends and emerging web technologies
Prioritized Skill Set / Tools:
BA/BS degree required
4-6 years’ experience analyzing web or digital marketing metrics
Experience working with analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics (SiteCatalyst), Google Analytics, IBM Coremetrics, etc.
A track record of success in implementing digital marketing and product development analytics
Highly-refined project management skills to manage the analytics requests across multiple work streams
· Proven ability to engage, influence, and at times direct cross-functional teams without formal authority
· Flexible and positive attitude; proven experience partnering with technical teams, clearly articulating business priorities and managing through conflict
· Demonstrated comfort with taking initiatives to identify, tackle, and solve problems
· Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively across functional teams to drive results
· Experience working in a retail organization is a plus
What type of Personalities & Attributes are successful in group?
An individual with a passion and ability to turn omnichannel data into insights that inform and drive digital marketing and business decisions. As a senior level lead, this role will be expected to establish a practice of data-driven decision making and measurement across the digital organization. This individual should be compelled to make assessments and inform recommendations to end-users based on comprehensive analyses that include both qualitative and quantitative datasets. You’ll need to be able to build a compelling case for making things happen – blending art and science to influence and direct others. This role will require interfacing and working with multiple departments within the company, making this position a great opportunity to learn many aspects of the business while putting your skills to work.